On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 23:37 +0900, gwtmp01 / mac.com wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2006, at 3:44 AM, Luke Burton wrote:
> > Below I have attached a test suite that illustrates the problem. I
> > used
> > WEBrick as the server.
>
> Why don't you swap out WEBrick for Mongrel and run the same tests?
>
> I suspect that the server is the bottleneck, not the client.

Better yet, don't use a Ruby web server at all, and use another tool you
trust (httperf or ab and curl) to determine a good baseline performance.
Once you've got what *could* be done with net/http then you can run
net/http and compare.

Also, I'm working on a faster alternative to net/http in the RFuzz http
client.  Stay tuned for that, but you can play with it right now:

  http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/rfuzz/

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/