Hi,
If you see DEFINITION of DIR["**"] and DIR["*"] below it suggests there
should be some difference.
But if I run the CODE below I find they produce exactly the same output.
Is my documentation wrong or what am I doing wrong?
What would you think '** Matches subdirectories recursively' means?

Cheers, Mike

####
CODE
####
list = Dir["**"]
list.sort!
puts(list)

list = Dir["*"]
list.sort!
puts(list)

##########
DEFINITION
##########
Dir[ aString ] -> anArray
	Returns anArray of filenames found by expanding the pattern given in
aString. Note that this pattern is not  a regexp (it's closer to a shell
glob) and may contain the following metacharacters:

** 	Matches subdirectories recursively
* 	Matches zero or more characters
? 	Matches any single character
[ charSet ] 	Matches any character from the given set of characters. A
range of characters is written as charFrom-charTo. The set may be
negated with an initial uparrow (^).
{ opt, opt, ... } 	Matches any one of the optional strings