As a programmer I started on my first computer (Apple IIe) using Applesoft
BASIC.  From there I started using gwBASIC and then QBASIC, Visual BASIC, and
finally C++ and Visual C++.  By this point I had reached the understanding of
why good programming practices including object oriented languages,
readability of code, and appreciated instant code testing.  I also stopped
programming because C++ wasn't fun, VB took too much time to learn the add
ons for gaming style stuff (after making yahtzee there really wasn't anymore
drive ;)  and after doing full multimedia (as in moving graphics with sounds
and effects, with mouse input hacked in) in QBASIC and not having anywhere
further to go.  Ruby though has the feel of QBASIC (instant run, readable,
FUN) with power (GUI toolkits, one line hacks, OO, etc.)  I didn't come from
perl smalltalk or python.  I came from BASIC, and this is perfect.

Chris Moore

As a dog returns to it's vomit
so a fool totheir folly -God