ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:

> S> error until I discovered that there is no ++ operator in Ruby. Is this
> S> due to any design concepts (that I don't understand) or is this just a
>
>  See
>
>    http://www.ruby-talk.com/2710
>    http://www.ruby-talk.com/5961

Ok, the explanations are very understandable.

Yet, from the "parsing" point of view (excuse the potential improper use
of this term), if `counter += 1' is effectively shorthand for `counter =
counter + 1', why `counter ++' could not be shortand for `counter += 1'?

If this is done early enough in the code, I think this should be possible?

Yet, maybe this introduces a dirty special case in the code.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/