Jonas Pfenniger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I always see the # notation in the docs to design instance_methods.
> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use that notation to address and
> access methods directly ?
>
> MyClass#my_method would replace MyClass.instance_method(:my_method)

It has it's merits. I have to agree, since we use the notation all the
time. But it doesn't match up with what :: does. And if you change that
you break a lot of code. But IMHO that shouldn;t count it out
neccessarily.

> and
>
> def MyClass#my_method end would replace class MyClass; def my_method end end

This is already done:

  def MyClass.my_method

> Similarily, I was also thinking that :: could be used for class methods.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> The biggest drawback I see actually is that it would impose comments
> to have one space before. Like :
> MyClass#some comment  #=> Error
> MyClass #some comment  #=> All OK

Prbaby not such a big deal.

I would search the mailing list though, this has been mentioned before.

T.