On 13-Jul-06, at 10:21 PM, transfire / gmail.com wrote:

> I think maybe you took what I was saying for more than my intended
> point. I was only sayng that I think the use of the word
> "Prototype" in
> Ara's implementation conveys too much the prior notions of class-based
> OOP, and that the more general term, 'Object' would be more fitting.
> Then I was trying to explain why.

Ah, okay, sorry.

> Interestingly, your example uses the very word 'Object'.

Well, in the Io programming language, to which my example was written
in, the root object is called of all things, "Object", just like
Ruby, Smalltalk, Java, and countless other OO languages.

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna / blurgle.ca

"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages
is the notion that everything has to be sacrificed for speed. In
computer languages as in life, speed kills." -- Mike Vanier