dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Mat Schaffer wrote:
>

>> On Jul 13, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Alex Young wrote:
>> [snip: instant rails question]
>>>
>>> Is it just me, or are there suddenly more Rails questions popping up
>>> here over the past few days?
>>
>> I've noticed a surge shortly after the Wired (I think. Didn't read
>> it.) and Linux Journal coverage.  I'm sure we're gonna see more as
>> Rails gains popularity.
>
> And the Slashdot review of "Ruby for Rails", in the wake of which said
> book is #1 in the Programming subcategory at Amazon.  And we have 3 or
> 4 Ruby/Rails books in the top 25 or so (R4R, Pickaxe, Agile, Recipes).
>

> David (disinterested third party :-)

Speaking of which ... there's a *reason* "Ruby for Rails" is the number
one. It's the best Ruby/Rails programming book out there! As most of you
know, I've been programming a long time and have been a serious student
of the craft in general and programming languages for most of that time.
Given all of that experience, for some reason, I've really been
struggling with Ruby and Rails. This book is *exactly* what I needed to
be able to work with these technologies.

Don't get me wrong ... Pickaxe, AWDR and Recipes are all great ... all
well written ... all necessary ... and all sitting on my hard drive. :)
But "Ruby for Rails" has everything I *need* to know about the syntax
and semantics of these two rather intricate and intertwined
technologies. Thank you, DIsinterested David! :)