Bil Kleb wrote:
> ChrisH wrote:
>
>> Bil Kleb wrote:
>>
>>> She says that she can't figure out how to /append/
>>> to a CSV file using Ruby's standard library.

>> Wouldn't it just be a matter of opening the file in append mode?
>

> It would, but unfortunately CSV doesn't support 'a'
> or 'a+', viz, lib/ruby/1.8/csv.rb,

Well, darn.

All I can think of offhand is 1) write the new stuff to a new file
and then 2) use fileutils to append the new file onto the old one.

Disclaimers:

1. I'm not sure fileutils has a good way to do that, but
if it doesn't, there's always system("cat newfile >>oldfile").

2. Obviously be sure the old file is closed before trying to
so anything funny with it.

Hal