On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 dblack / wobblini.net wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
>>
>>> OK, but how do you know whether or not this is valid?
>>>
>>>  3:ab23:cat
>>
>> it is valid.
>
> I guess what I mean is: how do you know whether it's valid by
> coincidence but actually wrong?

the same way ruby knows that this

   a = false and must_call_this_function_but_do_not!

is valid but actually wrong -- it doesn't!  that's why logic errors are the
worst kind to debug...

fortunately for us too - otherwise we programmers would be out of work!

;-)

-a
--
suffering increases your inner strength.  also, the wishing for suffering
makes the suffering disappear.