unknown wrote:
> Besides ROR, can you give me a reason why perfer ruby instead of
> python?

This may be a trivial reason to most people, but it makes a huge
difference to me. I find it _much_ easier to turn .rb scripts into
standalone .exe executbales on Windows. I've used Python's py2exe and it
works OK, but Ruby's rubyscript2exe is far better and far easier to use.

I wish Ruby had more Win32 native libraries (like Python), but I can use
win32API and win32ole for most purposes. And, Ruby is catching up with
better library support.

Also, I've written a lot of py code and ruby code, and I can say that I
like them both, but in general ruby is more flexible and thus more
enjoyable for me personally.