Geoff Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:52:13 -0600, Kevin Weller wrote:
>
>> Anybody have experience with a decent HTML parser for a Ruby
>> application?  I've looked around, and so far everything I've found is
>> either unfinished, unstable, [relatively] undocumented, or just plain
>> ugly in terms of API.
>> --- snip ---
>
> You might find Rubyful Soup useful:
>
> http://www.crummy.com/software/RubyfulSoup/
>
> It's a bit slow, but it is quite robust to bad HTML.

Ooooh, thanks, that might be just what the doctor ordered...especially
if it handles a single text line of an HTML document.  Right now I have
a temporary solution that involves using ruby-htmltools to parse the
entire document, then finding the part that I want with an XPath query.
  However, Rubyful Soup might turn out to be a better performer if it
does what I want.  Thanks so much!