------art_5652_11712954.1152650647662

Hey john,
      Thanks for the reply

       Here is the Apache error log entry.

[Wed Jul 12 01:35:49 2006] [error] [client 192.168.0.34]
/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics/en/wordnet.rb:117:in `wnL\exicon':
WordNet functions are not loaded: No such file to load -- wordnet
(NotImplementedError), referer:
http://192.168.0.\34/cgi-bin/TextToTermsStart.rb?name
rish&accountount1&themeeme1

Interestingly I get the same error when I ssh into the server from a windows
machine (putty) and try to run the program from command line (although the
program works when I run it from the server on command line) Also the
program runs when I ssh into the server from another Linux machine. ( I have
tried to access it through a browser from both windows and Linux and it does
not work )

here is that error msg:

suseserver2:/srv/www/cgi-bin # ruby extract_from_string.rb
/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics/en/wordnet.rb:117:in `wnLexicon':
WordNet functions are not loaded: No such file to load -- wordnet
(NotImplementedError)
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics/en/wordnet.rb:175:in
`synsets'
        from {Autoloaded:
/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics.rb}:98:in `synsets'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics.rb:98:in `call'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/linguistics.rb:98:in
`method_missing'
        from extract_from_string.rb:53:in `extractSyn'
        from extract_from_string.rb:87:in `extractPhrase'
        from extract_from_string.rb:211

I thought it had something to do with permissions and have tried changing
them around. Then tried some things with the Apache config, but since the
ssh is not working it looks like that is not the error. I am at a complete
loss...

is there some Wordnet stuff I need to preload

Harish