Peter Tseng wrote:
> Ian Macdonald wrote:
>>
>>> Current Ruby/LDAP CVS has the changes, so I'm curious to know if the
>>> Windows build now works out of the box. I'd be grateful if Windows users
>>> could try this out and report back.
>>
>> I worked with Chris Scharf to fix the issues on Windows and am pleased
>> to say that the result is the release of version 0.9.5, the first
>> version known to work on Windows since I took over maintenance of the
>> code.
>>
>> If anyone experiences any problems with this version, please let me
>> know. It should just work out of the box.
>
> The new version worked on Windows for me.  I updated my Platform SDK to
> the newest version just in case and then ran 'ruby extconf.rb
> --with-wldap32', 'nmake', and
> 'nmake install', as mentioned above.  I had a small problem at first
> though, I think because it didn't like spaces in my path (I put the
> files on my desktop).  I also used require 'LDAP' instead of require
> 'ldap' when I was testing it, which it didn't like.  I guess the
> convention is to use lower-case for require?

Hi
Just wondering how to build this.  Have never built a windows app from
source before.  Have downloaded SDK and Visual C++ Express Edition.  Not
really sure what I'm doing with these apps., but decided to set v0.9.5
as a new project and run build against it.  This throws up the error
that the include ruby.h can't be found.
Not sure when or where I would use "ruby extconf.rb ..." apart from in
command prompt.  If so, where does 'nmake' and 'nmake install' go?
Finally, why not either provide some clearer instruction on the project,
or provide a binary?
thanks
Jason