Aemca wrote:
> Scalability on one comp is all about caching.
>
> Asp.Net should whoop RoR's ass in terms of performance if you do the
> right
> things with it.
>
> This however might be a bit harder then it sounds :)
>
> Can you get Asp.Net to be as quick as RoR absolutely !!!
> Can it be as productive in creating websites, sure.
> ( when used with things like code generation and a good IDE )

You also gain access to more databases that those that RoR considers
important.
You gain access to 100's of components.
You can actually find websites that are actually using it in a profound
and complex way.

ASP.NET .vs RoR is like Mike Tyson .vs Richard Simmons.

But I will say that Ruby is a joy to code with!