<dejavue82 / yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1152556286.356035.18250 / b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Can you get Asp.Net to be as quick as RoR absolutely !!!
>> Can it be as productive in creating websites, sure.
>> ( when used with things like code generation and a good IDE )
>

> btw, by 'code generation', did you mean the code generated by VS 2005?\

I meant something like:

www.mygenerationsoftware.com
or
http://codesmithtools.com

in combination with some OR mapper software to behave like activerecord.

like dOOdads or .NetTiers:
http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/portal/dOOdads/Overview/tabid/63/Default.aspx

But the code generation in VS.Net is also nice allthough I would consider it
more prototyping / demo quality code.

Using one of these mappers will make things quite easy.