On 7/8/06, Dark Ambient <sambient / gmail.com> wrote:
> For me Learning to Program is a great book primarily because of the exercises.

Thanks!

> I wish more books had assignments in them.

Well, it took me a really long time to come up with challenging (but
hopefully not *too* hard) exercises that weren't totally boring.  I
bet I spent at least half of the time just coming up with exercises,
trying them, throwing them out...

Maybe I'm just a better programmer than I am a creative thinker, but I
found coming up with the exercises much harder than solving them (or
even writing the rest of the book).

Chris