Robert Klemme wrote:
> Not sure ATM.

Thanks for your additional response.

I assume "ATM" has nothing to do with banking machines, but is instead
an abbreviation for "at the moment." :-)  And I can't fault you for
that! :-)

But there may be light at the end of the tunnel:  I decided to retrace
my steps in building this Rails app.  When I was ready to run the first
test,  it ran beautifully in FireFox, as before.

I then fired up IE.  Lo and behold,  even though IE's address bar was
set to my home page,  the client area was populated with introductory
Rails stuff: "Welcome aboard.  You're riding the Rails!"

I went to check the Proxy settings,  but the button to access them was
grayed out.  I believe I had set them to 127.0.0.1 and 3000,  which you
indicated was a misapprehension of your suggestion.

When I piped in the address http://localhost:3000/say/list_pmts to IE,
the client area went blank.  It failed to produce the heading "Payments
List" that FireFox displayed.

Does this give you any other ideas?  One question comes to mind:  how
can I clear the Proxy settings if the Settings button in Internet
Options | Connections is grayed out?

Again,  thanks in advance for any further ideas you may offer.

Best wishes,
Richard