Hi --

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, howachen / gmail.com wrote:

> Besides ROR, can you give me a reason why perfer ruby instead of
> python?
>
> seems to many users, they are very similar in nature...
>
> such as
>
> 1. non C or Java style syntax
> 2. focus on codes readability, not like Perl
> 3. ..

I can give you the answer in my case: love.  I fell in love with the
Ruby language, and subsequently with the Ruby culture and community.
That gives you a much more lucid, rigorous account of my experience
than anything I can say about blocks, significant whitespace, or other
language features possibly could.

David

--
  "To fully realize the potential of Rails, it's crucial that you take
    the time to fully understand Ruby--and with "Ruby for Rails" David