Sean O'Halpin wrote:

> I don't want to hijack this thread but I do think it would be nice if
> Klass() were a synonym for Klass.new(). As far as I know, this
> wouldn't conflict with anything in the Ruby standard lib (apart from
> Array(), String() and maybe some others which I forget). I personally
> use it all the time for my own classes.

I think its an elegant practice. I know others have argured that it is
too implicit, but if it were standard it would quickly seem rather
explicit.  And the current Array(), Integer(), etc. methods really just
help you're case, since they set the precedent. They just happen to
work slightly different than the normal #new counterparts. For even if
Ruby were to make it automatic, they should still be overridable, BUT
in that case they could take on a special existance as a
"constant-method", rather than a method of Kernel, which would be more
robust.

T.