Hi everyone,

Does Ruby have any sort of standard for testing extension modules
(or even pure-Ruby code that is packaged separately?)

One of the things that I think has contributed greatly to Perl's
success is their standard of supporting "make test" with a few
conventions such that all modules can be tested in a similar manner.

I see that someone has been working on porting the xUnit test suite to
Ruby, perhaps we could do something with that?  Certainly extension
modules at least should have some standard "make test" target to
verify proper operation.

Any thoughts?

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development