Hi!

At Thu, 6 Jul 2006 01:19:43 +0900, Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:36 AM, Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT wrote:
>
> > blouse,skirt,bra,panty,tatoo = "watashi wa kawaii desu honto".split
>
> blouse,skirt,bra,panty,tatoo=%w[watashi wa kawaii desu honto]

I found splitting a string better expresses the intentended meaning.

Anyway, while it is possible to use any nonalphabetic or non-multibyte
character as delimiter including '[' I think that one should not use
square brackets with %w unless there is a convincingly good reason for
this because the resulting syntax strongly ressembles literal arrays.

Personally I tend to avoid curly braces as well and rather use
ordinary parentheses so that %w has the form of a prefix operator
(read: function call):

blouse,skirt,bra,panty,tatoo=%w(watashi wa kawaii desu honto)

Just my 0.02 EUR,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt