"noone" <noone / nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:vMgqg.13064$Uc3.2125 / tornado.texas.rr.com...
> First, I apologize about the email address - it's obviously bogus.
>
> I use Ruby quite a bit with SketchUp to automate different tasks and
> processes.  I've been using Ruby for only a couple years now, and I am
self
> taught via the books on the market as well as from other prograamers
working
> with the SketchUp Ruby API.
>
> The user interface available with SketchUp is sparse, at best.   I would
> love to be able to harness the power of a browser via HTML and FORMS (et
al)
> from Ruby within SketchUp.
>
> Can someone point me to a resource to use for this?   Whatever I come up
> needs to be cross platform (Windows and Mac only).
>
> Thank a lot.
>
> Todd Burch
> toddb at smustard period com.

Perhaps I can reword/simplify the question a little bit for a response.

First, some background on me:

programming with Ruby, javascript - been there, done that.
writing CSS, HTML, etc., been there, done that.
Windows programming - never done it
C/C++/Java - I've read the books, done the examples, still a newbie, no
confidence.
Macs - don't know a thing about them.
Server setup or programming - never done it
CGI scripts - never written one

So, with the persepctive, here is what I want to do:

I want to be able to write a Ruby script that (possibly creates, but
ultimately) displays (synchronously) an HTML page with FORM widgets in it.
I want to fill in the form data manually, press SUBMIT, and have the form
information passed back, or available to, my Ruby script.     I want this
script work on a Mac and PC with little or no platform dependant coding.

Is this an out of the ordinary objective?  Am I too naive and this simple of
a scenario was never considered?   It's seems to me to be easier to converse
with a web page 1/2 way around the planet than on my own PC with IE or
Navigator.

Todd