I'm learning Ruby and I'd like some criticism on a program that I wrote.
It interfaces with iTunes and runs through all the songs, (reasonably)
ensuring proper title capitalization.  It's a small program and I would have
simply posted except that, for some unknown reason, MS Outlook Express keeps
converting the tabs into single spaces.
    I'm open to comments on style versus what is standard protocol for the
Ruby community, as well.
    I hope the program may be as useful to any of you as it is for me...

http://theorem.ca/~dlkong/iTunes_title_filter.rb.gz

    There's also a pattern that often comes up for me and I would like some
help with it...

first = true
list.each do |item|
    if first
        # do something special for the first case

        first = false
    else
        # do something else for every other item

    Is there a better way to do this?  Perhaps some way to simply iterate
over every element other than the first one?  Something that avoid a check
every iteration?

    Thank you...