Hi --

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Pawel Szymczykowski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My memory could be fuzzy - but didn't the Ruby language used to have a
> sort of anime-girl type mascott several years ago?

There was no such "mascot."  The ruby-chan image came up at a time
when the notion of having a Ruby mascot was being bandied about.
Mercifully, and correctly, the idea of having a kind of "pet"
woman/girl as a mascot was not taken particularly seriously by very
many people (except, perhaps, by those of us who felt somewhat
affronted by it).

You can search the ruby-talk archives for more.

David

--
  "To fully realize the potential of Rails, it's crucial that you take
    the time to fully understand Ruby--and with "Ruby for Rails" David