On 7/3/06, brad tilley <rtilley / vt.edu> wrote:
> Pawel Szymczykowski wrote:
> > or maybe the Python snake:
> >
> > http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/holly/p/PPix/Python2.JPG
>
> You're kidding right? I love Python as much as I love Ruby, but their
> snake mascot is not a good mascot (IMO). It's cold-blooded. It eats
> small furry cute mammals. It's slimly, it smells, etc. Look at the
> problems Pyhton has with naming projects. Eggs... what kind of name is
> that? A lot of people think eggs are gross. And snake eggs are even more
> gross!

Heh, I should have put in a disclaimer about looking at the pictures
first. I was failing at sarcasm I guess - the Perl picture is of a
camel biting someone's head, and the Python picture is a vicious
looking snake with the heading 'The beast is back!' from the bad
B-movie Python from a couple of years ago.

So yeah, basically I agree that those two particular smelly-and-spitty
and/or likely-to-crush-in-its-deathgrip mascotts aren't inspired
choice for user friendly mascotts. :)

Rubies are much more practical. But I do miss seeing the anime-girl as
a potential sidekick.

-Pawel