On 7/3/06, Wilson Bilkovich <wilsonb / gmail.com> wrote:
> Unofficial, not part of the regular OS-tachi crew.
> That being said, Yoshidam is multi-talented.  Unicode composition and
> decomposition libraries as well as fan art. :)

Ah, so it was always a fan-thing like the WindowsXP and Mac-tans etc?
I could be wrong, but I thought she used to be on the Ruby homepage at
some point. So the only official Ruby mascott is the gem? Isn't that
flying in the face of the tradition of having a cute, user friendly
mascott that can be found at your local zoo?

For example, the Perl camel:

http://gazo08.chbox.jp/petcrack/src/1140827461296.jpg

or maybe the Python snake:

http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/holly/p/PPix/Python2.JPG

Where's the spirit of user friendliness in an inanimate object? <g>

-Pawel