Hi all,

My memory could be fuzzy - but didn't the Ruby language used to have a
sort of anime-girl type mascott several years ago? In fact, I just
came across this page as I was using google to do my recollecting for
me:

http://www.yoshidam.net/Ruby-chan/

It's definitely not a professional image or anything and we probably
don't want to see her on the covers of PragProg books. Well maybe v3
of AWD could have this girl tied up on the train tracks ala old
Underdog cartoons.. but that's not a good image either, is it?

Er.. I've forgotten what the point of this message was if there was
one. I am curious though: what's the current status of this "mascott"?
Is she still used on the Japanese side? Does anybody remember her at
all? Is there a [Moetan][1] Guide to Ruby with Ruby-chan in the works
somewhere in the Ruby underground?

[1]: http://www.animenation.com/4915540979.html

-Pawel