Dane Jensen wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2006, at 1:19 PM, James Britt wrote:
>
>> Before I reinvent too many wheels, has anyone cooked up, or know
>> about, handy Rake tasks for interacting with Trac?
>

> I've worked with tying a Rails app to Trac in a number of ways,  mostly
> to get user comments and errors sent straight to Trac instead  of my
> inbox or a logfile I forget to check.
>
> It's pretty easy with the XML-RPC plugin. (http://www.trac-hacks.org/
> wiki/XmlRpcPlugin). Two caveats though:
>
> 1) you need to get a new version of Trac from their SVN, it's not
> compatible with the 0.9 series.
> 2) you need to hack the library slightly. it does content auto-
> detection to on the URL in Trac and routes you to the XML-RPC  machinery
> if you're posting XML otherwise it gives you a *very* nice  HTML page
> detailing the API. (http://www.trac-hacks.org/ticket/411)
>
> Let me know if you have any questions about how I set it up.

I looked at the Trac XML-RPC a bit, and decided against trying to
upgrade my Trac installation.  It might make certain things simpler, but
POSTing content with authenticated HTTP requests works fine right now.

(I now have useful code for posting new tickets and fetching a list of
open tickets.)

--
James Britt

http://yourelevatorpitch.com  - Finding Business Focus