On Jun 27, 2006, at 1:19 PM, James Britt wrote:

> Before I reinvent too many wheels, has anyone cooked up, or know
> about, handy Rake tasks for interacting with Trac?

I've worked with tying a Rails app to Trac in a number of ways,
mostly to get user comments and errors sent straight to Trac instead
of my inbox or a logfile I forget to check.

It's pretty easy with the XML-RPC plugin. (http://www.trac-hacks.org/
wiki/XmlRpcPlugin). Two caveats though:

1) you need to get a new version of Trac from their SVN, it's not
compatible with the 0.9 series.
2) you need to hack the library slightly. it does content auto-
detection to on the URL in Trac and routes you to the XML-RPC
machinery if you're posting XML otherwise it gives you a *very* nice
HTML page detailing the API. (http://www.trac-hacks.org/ticket/411)

Let me know if you have any questions about how I set it up.

HTH,
-Dane