Reggie Mr wrote:
> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> On 7/1/06, Reggie Mr <buppcpp / yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Here is a simple graph of performance by different platforms.
>>>
>>> http://www.usenetbinaries.com/doc/Web_Platform_Benchmarks.html
>> I can't think of a more useless "test" other than anything put out by
>> the Alioth shootout.

Sure it's a simple test but that doesn't make it useless. Systemic performance
testing is the most relevant, but "unit" performance testing also has its use.

> I would agree...except Ruby did VERY poorly in this "useless" test.

Ruby didn't do poorly. With fastcgi, it compares with PHP5. I think that's quite
respectable. What did poorly was RoR. ruby+fastcgi has good performance, but it
drops by over an order of magnitude if you add rails to the mix. Now *that* is
quite telling.

Daniel