Hi --

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, transfire / gmail.com wrote:

> Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In message "Re: Symbol#to_proc is just so beautiful"
>>     on Sat, 1 Jul 2006 16:56:15 +0900, transfire / gmail.com writes:
>>
>> |No one though this was interesing?
>>
>> Interesting but too radical.  I'm afraid that it's too hard to imagine

>> when I see

> I can see that on first econounter the idea, certainly. And I think the
> same is true when enumerable method returns an enumerator.

Definitely.  I find this:

   array.map.upcase

(if I'm getting the magic enumerator thing right) pretty obscure.  I
mean, the words on the screen more or less describe what's happening,
but the dot syntax feels to me like it's being pushed beyond the
limits of usefulness.

David

--
David A. Black (dblack / wobblini.net)

See what the readers are saying about "Ruby for Rails"!
http://www.rubypowerandlight.com/quotes