Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Symbol#to_proc is just so beautiful"
>     on Sat, 1 Jul 2006 16:56:15 +0900, transfire / gmail.com writes:
>
> |No one though this was interesing?
>
> Interesting but too radical.  I'm afraid that it's too hard to imagine
>
> |>   foo { |x| x.bar }
>
> when I see
>
> |>   foo.bar

I can see that on first econounter the idea, certainly. And I think the
same is true when enumerable method returns an enumerator. It's
something that requires getting usedto. I'm more accustom to it myself
becuase I have used "Functor pattern" enough. If I may suggest, at
least make a note to reconsider it in the future. I think as the
enumerator functionality becomes more common, this will not seem so
radical.

And actually if you look at it less abstract terms it doesn't seem
quite as radical either:

  [1,2,3].collect.to_s

  ["A3","B2","C1"].sort_by[1,1]

  'pretty little ponies'.gsub(/[^aeiou]/).upcase

T.