On 6/29/06, Mark Van Holstyn <mvette13 / gmail.com> wrote:
> My co-workers and I recently converted a bunch of rexml code to libxml. The
> speed increase was dramatic ( 100-1000 times faster ). We have not run into
> any stability issues. We use libxml to read, search, delete/change nodes and
> values, and write out new files, all with no issues. What kind of issues are
> you hitting while using libxml?

I did something as simple as:

parser = XML::Parser.new
parser.string = mydocstring
doc = parser.parse

That last line blew up with a segfault. I can do the same in irb and
it works although it happened once when exiting irb. Seems to be a
race condition of some sort.

100-1000 times faster seems great. If it worked well I'd convert
xmlcodec over to it.

Pedro.