On 6/26/06, Don Parakin <parakin / rogers.com> wrote:
> Could anyone help me find a mswin32 binary of eruby?  I must develop on
> Windows but don't have a C compiler to create my own eruby binaries from
> the source code.  I've tried the "one-click" RubyInstaller but it
> doesn't have eruby.  I've googled and googled but have only found others
> who are asking for the same thing.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Why do I need this?  I'd creating a web site using .rhtml.  My hosting
> service (textdrive.com) is setup to process .rhtml with eruby.  I need
> to recreate that on my only available development box, Windows (so
> suggestions to use other alternatives (like erb) are not really what I'm
> looking for).

I just built this using the free version of Visual C 2k3.
I've never used ERuby, so don't bet your business on this, but it runs
the examples that come with ERuby 1.0.5:
http://supremetyrant.com/ruby/eruby.zip

Are you using Rails?  I think that the code you pasted looks really
un-Ruby-ish, and you could really clean it up via content_for, or
something similar.

That being said, I hope that library works for you.  Just unzip it
into your ruby folder (e.g. c:\ruby), and it should be ready to roll.

--Wilson.