Timo Hoepfner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with RMagick. Somehow "number_scenes" stopped
> working for me.
>
> Background: I'm on a Mac and mainly use Locomotive, a self-contained
> ruby/rails installation, which basically relies on binaries built
> using darwinports, a packet manager which builds from source.
>
> When using an older Locomotive version on PPC, I get the expected
> results:
>
> >> ::Magick::Image.read("/Users/admin/a.pdf").size
> => 5
> >> ::Magick::Image.read("/Users/admin/a.pdf"){self.number_scenes=1}.size
> => 1
>
> This older version uses ImageMagick 6.2.4 and RMagick 1.9.3.
>
> A newer version of Locomotive uses ImageMagick 6.2.6 and RMagick
> 1.10.1. Here I get broken behaviour:
>
> >> ::Magick::Image.read("images/a.pdf").size
> => 5
> >> ::Magick::Image.read("images/a.pdf"){self.number_scenes=1}.size
> => 5
>
> I did a fresh install of Ruby 1.8.4, ImageMagick 6.2.7-5 and RMagick
> 1.12.0 using darwinports and could verify the same broken behaviour.
>
> Maybe related: I got the following output during installation of the
> native extensions of RMagick 1.12.0:
>
> magick/cache.c:2385: failed assertion `cache_info->number_views != 0UL'
>
> I'm totally clueless how I can furter investigate that problem. Any
> hints?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Timo

I reproduced this problem on my Powerbook. It looks like a problem with
ImageMagick. I've emailed the IM developers for help. If you open a bug
track in the RMagick project on RubyForge it'll help me track this
problem and keep in touch with you.
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=133&group_id=12&func=browse