On 6/24/06, Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov <listbox / julik.nl> wrote:
> I am talking about something completely different. What I am talking
> about is making the release of a rubygem/tarball  to rubyforge not
> 500% painful as it is now, because:
>
> 1) you have to click ten forms in a row just to publish one gawddamn
> file

> 2) your only option if you want to avoid the n. 1 is to write a
> script that clumsily simulates the No 1 and breaks every other minute.
>
> Currently there are like 3 different Rake tasks for publishing gems
> (all of them UNOFFICIAL) and I had problems with all of these.

Which ones have you tried? Have you tried the variants in Net::LDAP?
Those are modern modifications to what I used in my last release of
PDF::Writer and are more reliable than any other form that I've used.

It literally takes about thirty seconds or so to publish to RubyForge
when you use this sort of thing.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca