On 25-jun-2006, at 19:18, Izidor Jerebic wrote:

> Please listen to the people which tell of disastrous experience in
> other languages. And for good experience, I develop in Cocoa in Mac
> OS X for many many years, and it has great String class (ok, the
> suggested Ruby class would be even better, but still). Plus it has
> separated String and Byte array. The results are superb. There is
> no problems, and nobody ever worries about strings and encodings.
> Ever. You can check the mailing lists.

The greatest about Cocoa is that I'm able to suspect that 99 percent
of the programs I use do The Right Thing when I want to input russian
text in there, and NOT because the programmer did something special to
make it work. Because if he had to, he wouldn't. In contrast, 70
percent of Carbon applications are not even capable of displaying the
text properly (let alone letting me type it in).

--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
please send all personal mail to
me at julik.nl