Dick Davies wrote:
> On 25/06/06, transfire / gmail.com <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
>> realize that the Ruby distribution itself is split into multiple
>> packages for Debian, but it still seems like it would be better if
>> 3rd-party packages where stored in their own space.
>
> In my experience, what ruby users want doesn't cut much ice with
> the debian packagers.....

I don't really buy into that much.  The ruby packagers are also ruby
users.

Still...

I've been a debian user for a very long time and for the last 3+ years
or so a Ruby user.  In that much time I've firmly decided that it's
easier for me to run Ruby from source than it is to try and use the ruby
packages.

This way everything lives in /usr/local and is structured like you would
expect it as a ruby user.

I don't see anything changing my opinion on this any time soon.