On 6/23/06, Mark Noworolski <mark / streetlinenetworks.com> wrote:
> I have a ruby job that is to run as a daemon on a bunch of machines
> (basically in /etc/init.d somewhere).
>
> It seems like Capistrano provides the correct framework ...

I don't know about Capistrano, but if you are writing scripts which
are simply daemons to be launched in /etc/init.d, then I think you
want to check out the gem called:

daemons (0.4.4)
    A toolkit to create and control daemons in different ways

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =             drosihn / gmail.com
Senior Systems Programmer