On 6/23/06, James Britt <james.britt / gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
>
> > How about this: those that think that RubyForge could be rewritten in
> > Ruby and the resulting code would be cleaner and easier to maintain
> > and/or extend please raise your hand :)
> > Ok, ok... was a trick question, I agree :))
>
> Is it?  Because that's pretty much how this would happen.  Someone with
> enough interest and enthusiasm opens a rubyforge project for ruforge or
> rforge or whatever, writes some code, gets a proof-of-concept going, and
> asks for help in getting it done.
>
> The OSS version of 'raise your hand' is 'commit some code'

Well, I am not going to write rforge as I got other stuff to waste my time on.

However, it might be interesting to get some idea what parts are
already available and what parts would have to be written.

So what rforge should include? How these parts should look like? Are
they already available? Is what is available satisfying?

I'd guess that there has to be some cms integration, some sort of
issue tracking, one would want some email integration, some
documentation and code browsers, perhaps some forums and/or wiki.

Many of these could be useful for other projects as well.

Thanks

Michal