On 23-jun-2006, at 17:45, David Pollak wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Not to stir up a hornet's nest or anything... but...
>
> It strikes me as a tad odd that RubyForge runs on a PHP code base.  I
> understand the reasons for using an existing tool, but it strikes
> me that
> Ruby and Rails is possibly the very best way known to man to build a
> complex, powerful web site.

What strikes me is that we still have to resort to absolutely abysmal
hacks to publish releases a least semi-automatically,
that is doing rake release usually implies sending some wicked
manually encoded forms in base64 and breaks every other day.

Could we just have a normal gem/tarball publishing gateway with a
good Ruby API to it, using YAML postdata or such instead of the
simulated clicks on the forge site?

--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
please send all personal mail to