>>> sender: "James Edward Gray II" date: "Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 04:11:16AM +0900" <<<EOQ

> >>[..]
> >>The quiz example reflects what the specification meant to me.  Now
> >>you'll need to decide what it means to you.  ;)
> >I didn't know that, that's why I was trying so hard to understand
> >exactly what *you* meant, so that I could give a valid solution :)
>
> To me it meant:
>
> 1.  Find the longest number in the result set.
> 2.  Center all numbers in a field that size.
> 3.  Find the length of the last line.
> 4.  Center all lines at that length.
Yes, but you can never center a 2 bytes long string on 3 bytes
unfortunately, and that's what bugged me... However, I found a
solution that will finally allow me to sleep well at night :))

> >Now, if I can decide what it means to me, that's fine by me :)
>
> I promise, I wont come and take your keyboard away, no matter what
> you decide.  ;)
You couldn't anyway, the cat sits on it and bites everyone who comes
close to it... Somehow I thought she'd go for the mouse when I bough
her... I was wrong :))

Have a pleasant evening everyone,
Alex