On Jun 23, 2006, at 11:45 AM, David Pollak wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Not to stir up a hornet's nest or anything... but...
>
> It strikes me as a tad odd that RubyForge runs on a PHP code base.  I
> understand the reasons for using an existing tool, but it strikes
> me that
> Ruby and Rails is possibly the very best way known to man to build a
> complex, powerful web site.
> [snip, cost/benefit details]
> Okay, I know... I've been hitting my glass pipe a little too much.
> However,
> when my SoC mentoring gig ends in a few months, I'll have 6 hours
> per week
> to contribute to an RForge style project.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.  Am I taking drugs or would this
> be the
> kind of project we could build in order to build excitement?

I'll add my vote to this one.  Is RubyForge running the sourceforge
code right now?  Looks really similar.

If you could make a re-deployable OSS project management suite in
Ruby I'm sure RubyForge wouldn't be your only customer.  I'm sure a
lot of small/medium sized development shops would like such a thing
as well.
-Mat