On 6/23/06, Louis J Scoras <louis.j.scoras / gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, you are calling *gets* too many times.  Remember, every time you
> do that the user will need to input a new string
>
> > while gets.chomp != ''

Yep, I was focusing on looping that I forgot it was also asking for input :)
Which is why i had the "not needed" "another = gets.chomp" prior to
storing the value.

Now that I understand that, then why do I need the
"another = gets.chomp" after the storing of the element.  Shouldn't
the while statement take care of it, and I already know it doesn't
work, but since it's a loop I'm just confused as to the why it doesn't
work.

>       myarray.push(another)
>       another = gets.chomp
>     end