>>> sender: "James Edward Gray II" date: "Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 02:42:50AM +0900" <<<EOQ
> [..]
> The quiz example reflects what the specification meant to me.  Now
> you'll need to decide what it means to you.  ;)
I didn't know that, that's why I was trying so hard to understand
exactly what *you* meant, so that I could give a valid solution :)
Now, if I can decide what it means to me, that's fine by me :)

The thing that I didn't quite get is how to get them aligned perfectly?
What would perfect mean in this particular case? Align them on the left
side or the right side of the number?

For example, in the example triangle, if you remove a space in front
of the first 126 and add it after the second 126, what you get is
all numbers perfectly aligned on the right side of every number...
However you get the left side messed... :)

So, you need to compromise, no matter what... anyway, since I can
choose my own compromise, I'll shut up :)

and thank you all!
Alex