On 6/23/06, darren kirby <bulliver / badcomputer.org> wrote:
> OK, sure it's a little off. I thought maybe it was just from my mail reader
> (not a monospaced font ATM). In any event, I took the 'proper triangle' as
> meaning the output should be laid out with three sides, skinny on top and fat
> on the bottom, not necessarily as a perfectly spaced equilateral triangle.

I agree, it doesn't need to be perfectly equilateral, etc. I've
actually had a litlle fun toying with my output mechanism to produce
slightly skewed columns (take a right aligned column, then shift each
number slightly so that the column looks like it's leaning), right
triangles, etc. But the important thing is consistency -- half the
problem in this quiz is working the output right so that you're output
is in "columns" (whether or not those columns are straight up and
down). The "problem" with yours was that inconsistency in the columns.

But I don't think anyone that's not pedantic about it (like me) will
really care, so don't worry too much about it. :)

Jacob Fugal