>>> sender: "Dark Ambient" date: "Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:54:29AM +0900" <<<EOQ
> what about building it in .NET ?
> :)
>
> sorry, just had to....
Without disrespect, why? :)

The man had a very good point: why not have a Ruby related site built on
Ruby? I don't see the PHP site running on Perl (or to be more accurate
in the comparison, I don't see pear.php.net or phpclasses.org running on
Perl either). PHP site is running on PHP, I even saw Lisp sites running
on Lisp, or ASP sites running on ASP (though they'd better be running in
PHP... :D).
There's nothing wrong with the current RubyForge, don't get me wrong.
It's doing an excellent job. But if not even the Ruby sites are being built
on Ruby, to 'show off' the qualities of Ruby, what sites do we expect to
run in it? The PHP site? :D

Bottom line, proof of concepts are nice. I remember seeing a Lisp site
run on Lisp. Was quite nice. I actually was double impressed: first by
the info there, but also by seeing Lisp at work, and it worked nice...

How about this: those that think that RubyForge could be rewritten in
Ruby and the resulting code would be cleaner and easier to maintain
and/or extend please raise your hand :)
Ok, ok... was a trick question, I agree :))

Anyway, I personally would be impressed if, a new RubyForge would
be built on Ruby, by the Ruby comunity, by us all. We could have it
as a 'distributed quiz' :), as the quiz with that game was: everybody
takes a little piece, and we all build it together...

Those that think PHP is better suited for the task raise your hand...
:)

Cheers,
Alex