--nextPart4862810.Sa8fRlIXNf

quoth the Cliff Cyphers:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:45:21AM +0900, darren kirby wrote:
> > quoth the Alexandru E. Ungur
> >
> > > question:
> > >
> > >     Does this triangle:
> > >                                1
> > >                             1     1
> > >                          1     2     1
> > >                       1     3     3     1
> > >                    1     4     6     4     1
> > >                1     5     10     10     5     1
> > >            1     6     15     20     15     6     1
> > >         1     7     21     35     35     21     7     1
> > >     1     8     28     56     70     56     28     8     1
> > > 1     9     36     84     126     126     84     36     9     1
> > >
> > > conform with the 'proper triangle' definition?
> >
> > Wikipedia* says: "a polygon with three vertices and three sides which a=
re
> > straight line segments"  so I guess the above is a 'proper' triangle by
> > anyone's definition.
>
> Look at the last row.  It looks off.  Seems that the 1's on the outer ends
> are off by a space so that it's not a straight line.  But I'm sure we all
> get the point.

OK, sure it's a little off. I thought maybe it was just from my mail reader=
=20
(not a monospaced font ATM). In any event, I took the 'proper triangle' as=
=20
meaning the output should be laid out with three sides, skinny on top and f=
at=20
on the bottom, not necessarily as a perfectly spaced equilateral triangle.

=2Dd
=2D-=20
=2D Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972