>>> sender: "Matthew Smillie" date: "Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 01:30:49AM +0900" <<<EOQ
> On Jun 23, 2006, at 17:20, Cliff Cyphers wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:45:21AM +0900, darren kirby wrote:
> >>quoth the Alexandru E. Ungur

> >>Wikipedia* says: "a polygon with three vertices and three sides
> >>which are
> >>straight line segments"  so I guess the above is a 'proper'
> >>triangle by
> >>anyone's definition.
> >>

> >Look at the last row.  It looks off.  Seems that the 1's on the
> >outer ends
> >are off by a space so that it's not a straight line.  But I'm sure
> >we all get
> >the point.
>
> It's not the last row, but each row where the length of the longest
> entry changes - row 5 is off as well.
>
> What's the policy on hints before the waiting period is up?
I'm also curious what is the policy in asking for clarifications,
and also if :clarifications == :hints or not...

I did not ask for hints, I just wanted to understand completely
the request. My problem was that, indeed, the triangle I obtained
has some lines not perfectly straight. I agree.
However, the triangle shown as an example in the quiz description
*also* has lines that are not straight, just look careful enough,
and you will notice them.
So, there's where my confusion comes from... and that's what I wanted
to get this clarified, if possible/allowed, of course.

Thanks,
Alex