Farrel Lifson wrote:
> On 23/06/06, Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:
>> 3 ftp.chdir('/xxxxx/xxx/xxd/xxxx')
>>

> Variable names beginning with uppercase are treated as constants by
> the Ruby interpreter. In the first iteration of the each loop the
> line:
>   BWDFiles.each do |BWDFile|
> assigns to BWDFile the first element of BWDFiles. In the next
> iteration it tries to set BWDFiles to the second element but because
> BWDFile is a constant it generates the warning.
>
> Farrel

Thank you to all of you. I guess this is pretty important stuff. Because
I'm a Windows guy, obviously, case has never meant much to me. It's
interesting that I've never run into this problem before. Granted, I've
only been doing RUBY for 3 months or so, but, obviously, all of my
previous variable names must've been lowercase!

Thanks again!